- Avondale House
- Avondale House is a Victorian
residence built 1890 and of individual character, which has been
carefully restored maintaining its charm and warmth.
- Owned and managed by Carole
Kaleda, guests often comment on the pine furniture and original
fittings that remain a central theme to the interior of the house.
- The atmosphere in Avondale
House is one of restful comfort with modern facilities.
- Avondale House is a traditional
English Bed and Breakfast, close to the Historic Centre of York.
- We have built a reputation
on good food, comfortable rooms and family friendliness.
- For the comfort of our guests
we are a no smoking establishment.
We offer a wide choice and high quality breakfast menu, providing
vegetarian, traditional and healthy options.
- Help yourself to a choice of
yoghurt, orange juice and breakfast cereal before ordering from
our cooked breakfast menu. We offer a choice of traditional Full
English, Continental, Meditteranean, American, Fish and a
- Why not try our whisky porridge!
- Our bedrooms are individually
decorated and tastefully fitted with pine furniture and quality
- All the rooms are spacious
with en-suite bathroom facilities, alarm clocks, remote TV and
CD stereos, so don't forget to pack your favourites CDs!
- You will find all you need
from a range of beverages on your hospitality tray, I will provide
wine glasses and even cool your wine for you! A homely, comfortable
and private retreat from a busy day out in York.
- We are particularly happy to
cater for families and will provide cots, high chairs, games
and toys if needed, at no extra cost.
House is an ideal base from which to explore the wonderful historic
city of York, as well as the surrounding countryside.
- Why not consider using Avondale
House as your base when visiting the UK from abroad. We are only
2 hours travel time by rail from London, and 2 1/2 hours from
- No Smoking
- For the comfort of all our
guests there is a no smoking policy in all of the rooms and internal
areas of the house.
- Double ensuite room - £54.00
- Twin ensuite room - £54.00
- Single ensuite room - £32.00
- Family ensuite room (2 adults)
- £60.00 per room
- Child under 4 yrs old - No
- Additional child under 4 yrs
old - £5.00 extra
- Child age 4 to 11 yrs £13.00
- Child age 12 to 15 yrs £18.00
- All prices include breakfast
- A minimum stay of 2 nights
on advanced bookings
- 10% surcharge applied to a
single night stay when available
- We provide a permit for your
vehicle in our parking bay
- Contact: Carole Kaleda
- Tel: +44(0) 1904 633