- Kingfisher Cottage
- "Chrissy and Martyn look
forward to welcoming you to their beautiful thatch cottage in
the New Forest"
- "The perfect place to
spend quality time"
- Delightful secluded lodge with en-suite
- Pretty cottage bedroom with en-suite
- Small spring-fed lake with landscaped
- Direct access to the New Forest and
- Good local country pubs, restaurants
and tea rooms
- Quiet areas by the lake where you can
relax or picnic
- Chrissy's scrumptious traditional breakfast
using our own free range chicken and duck eggs, home-made preserves,
and meat from the local butchers
- This is a non-smoking establishment
and due to the lake and wildlife we regret we cannot accommodate
children or dogs
- The "Gardeners Lodge"
offers superb secluded accommodation with comfortable quality
furnishings; double bed, en-suite shower room, tea and coffee
facilities, armchairs, and colour television.
- It also has extra crockery
and cutlery along with dining chairs and a table should you wish
to bring back a snack or take-away.
- "Gardeners Lodge"
is very private, nestling behind the cottage, beside the potager,
with views over the lake. It is ideal for longer visits.
- Our "Cottage Room"
offers traditional accommodation with quality furnishings, double
bed, en-suite shower room, tea and coffee facilities, colour
television and views over the adjoining fields and countryside.
- Due to our no-smoking policy,
the rooms are always fresh and clean.
- Our breakfast room has splendid
views over our lake and well-kept gardens.
- From Autumn until Spring the
woodburner is usually alight in the inglenook fireplace, creating
a wonderful warm atmosphere in which to enjoy your scrumptious
traditional breakfast with our free range chicken eggs, meats
from our local butcher and other produce from the local garden
shop, home-made preserves and real coffee.
- A breakfast to enjoy and simply
take time over. You're on holiday!
- The New Forest has an abundance
of interesting country lanes that extend all the way to the coast.
- If you wish to explore or potter
around, we are more than happy to accommodate cycles or motor
- If there are any owners of
pre-war or classic cars who would enjoy some old-time style motoring,
we could (by prior appointment) house your pride-and-joy in our
barn where it would be in good company.
- We could also find room for
your modern car and trailer if you are bringing your older car
from further afield.
- Kingfisher Cottage, one of
the New Forest's charming thatched homes, is situated on the
edge of its own unique small spring-fed lake.
- This is surrounded by a wooded,
landscaped garden which encourages natural wildlife and provides
a home for our own resident ornamental ducks.
- Fordingbridge, a traditional
pretty riverside country town is only a mile away. It has an
interesting mix of small shops, pubs, restaurants and tea rooms.
There is also a museum, a riverside park and plenty of car parking.
- Contact: Chrissy and
- Tel: +44 (0)1425 654889