Poulton-le-Fylde is a town in Lancashire,
situated about 3 miles to the northeast of Blackpool and the
Irish Sea coast. The Market Square is now closed to traffic and
contains several features of historical note (photo). Poultons
famous five antiquities are regarded as one of the finest groups
in Britain today. There is an island in the centre with the old
stocks, whipping post, fish slab, and market cross. The railway
station now has a single platform serving lines that connect
to Blackpool North and Preston. It was established in 1896. St.
Chad's Church located near the market square is a Georgian-style
Parish church was built of red sandstone and dates back to 1638.
For self catering in other areas nearby
see self catering accommodation
in Blackpool self catering accommodation