- Barms Farm
- Situated 1100 feet above sea level
in the heart of the Peak District with far reaching views towards
Buxton spa town, Barms Farm is a truly wonderful place to live
and we invite you to come and share our little bit of heaven
in the Peak District.
Our rates range from £30
to £40 per person per night based on two people sharing
an en-suite double room and inclusive of breakfast.
- The original cottage part of the
farmhouse dates back to the early 17th century and was originally
known as The Barms Farm. In 1930 our late grandad Jo Naden bought
the property as a working farm. Although the pedigree dairy herd
was dispersed in 1998 we still have a small flock of sheep and
three horses, who graze the surrounding fields.
- Since the 1980's the house has
been sympathetically extended and upgraded without detracting
from the original character and charm of the property.
- We continue our enhancement programme
to maintain our high standards.
- We started to offer quality bed
and breakfast accommodation within well proportioned, en-suite
bedrooms in 1989 and over the years we have made many new friends
who have become regular visitors to Barms Farm.
- The property has ample, private,
illuminated car parking and sits within its own landscaped grounds.
- Within the garden sits a large
pond with adjacent pergola and seating area.
- The luxurious bed and breakfast
accommodation gives freedom of access.
- A private guest entrance opens
into the main hall from which the staircase leads to the guest
wing of the house which can accommodate up to six adults within
three double en-suite rooms.
- Traditional features are complimented
by modern conveniences and furnishings.
- All decor is to a high standard
- Quality, attention to detail and
guest comfort at Barms Farm has been recognised by Visit Britain
and rewarded with their
- 'Four Diamond
- which assures guests of superior
hospitality and quality throughout their stay.
- Our three tastefully furnished
double bedrooms have 'extremely comfortable', romantic King size
beds adorned with linen of uncompromising quality.
- A well stocked hospitality tray,
wall mounted flatscreen 20 inch LCD TV with built in stereo radio,
alarm clock, hair dryer, adjustable heating and double glazing
are standard in all the rooms.
- The prisine en-suite bathrooms
are equipped to the highest standard and are complimented by
sparkling gold taps, thick bathrobes, large towels and a comprehensive
range of toiletries.
- Free range GM and antibiotic free
fresh eggs from Mistlehall Farm, home cured bacon & hand
made sausages from New Close Farm, Over Haddon, near Bakewell
and Derbyshire honey produced in the Peak District are used wherever
possible to give a truly tasty start to the beginning of the
- The comprehensive breakfast menu
includes fresh fruit, yoghurts & porridge as well as a choice
of cereals, eggs, juices and hot drinks.
- To enable us to maintain the current
high standard of decor and soft furnishings for our future guests
we do not permit dogs or allow smoking or the consumption of
food within any part of the accommodation.
- Contact: Mrs Lorraine
- Tel: +44 (0)1298 77723
Fax: +44 (0)1298 78692