- Dowfold House
Dowfold House is a lovely Victorian
house in a quiet rural location, with wonderful views over Wear
Valley and beyond to Weardale.
- Built in 1860 for Joseph Pease,
local mine owner and first Quaker M.P.the house has some historical
interest. It is an ideal place to stay when visiting the North
East of England.
- Durham City is just a 12 to 15
minute drive away and the house is just a few minutes away from
A68, a major route to and from Scotland.
Stay in traditional English country house style at Dowfold House.
Family rooms available.
- Take afternoon tea, with warm
scones and homemade preserves in our residents' lounge.
- On cold winter's evenings snuggle
into our comfortable sofas around an open log fire.You may even
wish to select a book or magazine from our library.
- Stroll around our gardens or take
tea or morning coffee on the patio enjoying the peace and tranquility
of this lovely setting.
- If you are feeling slightly more
energetic why not have a game of croquet.
- All rooms are centrally heated
and double glazed. Bedrooms are comfortable, well furnished and
- You will find tea and coffee making
facilities, with a choice of teas, coffee and other hot drinks.
We also provide a bottle of sparkling mineral water.
- Televisions and hair dryers are
in all bedrooms.
- Every bedroom looks over open
- The Pink Room is a comfortable
double bedroom with a king size double bed and large en-suite
bathroom that has both bath and separate shower.
- Each bathroom has a selection
of quality toiletries.
- The Lilac and Blue Bedrooms share
the Master Bathroom and here luxurious bathrobes are provided.
- Breakfast is served in our elegant
- Enjoy a truly English country
house experience with crisp white table linen, silver cutlery
and fine china. We pride ouselves on using only the finest produce,
many of them local, including our own free-range eggs with your
traditional English Breakfast.
- There are plenty of excellent
places to eat both in Durham and more locally.
- Evening meals
We are now able to offer a three course evening meal at Dowfold
House. These meals are cooked to order, so if you would like
a meal please enquire when booking.
- The countryside around us is an
area of outstanding natural beauty.
- Tariff - 1st Night - 2nd night on
The Pink Room - Double bedroom with ensuite
bathroom £60.00 £55.00
Single occupancy of Pink Room £45.00 £40.00
The Blue Room - Twin bedroom with private shower room £55.00
Single occupancy of Blue Room £40.00 £35.00
The Green Room - Twin bedroom with ensuite shower room £60.00
Single occupancy of Green Room £45.00 £40.00
Extra full-size Divan bed in any Room £20.00 £15.00
Use of Cot in Room £5.00 £5.00
Dog in room and/or grounds (breakfast NOT included!) £2.00
- Contact: Jill & Rupert
Tel:+44 (0)1388 762473
Mob: +44 (0)7949 081726