- The Corner House
- Visit this beautiful early
20th century house for an informal welcoming break.
- Situated on A53 Leek - Buxton
Road, it is well placed for all the region's major attractions
including Alton Towers, The Potteries, Chatsworth House and is
on the edge of the Peak District National Park.
- Currently it has two double
rooms and one single room, all are en-suite.
- The house boasts a beautiful
entrance hall with original oak panelling and an imposing stairway
to the bedrooms above.
- Although standing on the corner
of Buxton Road and Abbotts Road, the house is somewhat difficult
to spot whilst just driving by as it stands behind a solid metal
gate and a tall fence behind which are abundant rhododendrons.
- The Dining
- All meals are taken in the
dining room which is large, bright and sunny. It is furnished
with antique oak furniture.
- The room is centrally heated
although a coal fire is lit in the lovely 1914 mahogany fireplace
during cooler mornings and evenings.
There are separate tables allowing guests privacy.
- The Guest Sitting
- A gracious, large and comfortable
centrally heated room (accessed from the main hall)
- Oak panelled inglenook with
cosy seating within.
Guests are welcome to read a selection of complimentary morning
papers before breakfast either in this room or at their breakfast
- The Lilac Room
- The Bedroom is very light and
spacious with polished oak floor. The antique pine
furniture consists of a double bed with a Quality Spring Interior
mattress, a double wardrobe, a dressing table and mirror and
2 x bedside chests with reading lamps. There are 2 comfortable
chairs, TV, tea making equipment and hairdryer.
- There is a washbasin with mirror
and shaving point in the room.
- En-Suite Bathroom
- The Rose Room
- A large and light room with
polished oak floors and scatter rugs and duel aspect windows.
The double bed has a Quality Spring Interior mattress bedside
lights to both sides and recessed with mirrored shelved spaces
on either side. There is also a separate full hanging built in
wardrobe, 2 x easy chairs.
- En-Suite Shower Room
- The Jasmine
- The Bedroom is cosy and compact,
the light is provided by a dormer window in the bedroom plus
a larger window in the adjoining shower room. The room contains
a single high quality divan bed, bedside reading lamp, chest
of drawers and small fitted hanging robe, an easy chair, colour
TV (with VHS Video player/recorder and a selection of video cassettes,
hiring cassettes costs £1 per cassette ), tea making equipment
- En-Suite Shower Room
- There is ample safe and secure
parking outside the house for your vehicle. The double gate is
locked each evening.
- The Corner House operates a
'No Smoking' policy throughout the house.
(Priced per room including full breakfast)
- DOUBLE ROOM with en-suite bathroom.
- DOUBLE ROOM with en-suite shower.
- SINGLE ROOM with en-suite shower.
- Extra bed in a double room
- A deposit of just £10
(per room) will be required at the time of booking.
- The balance will be payable
prior to departure by cheque or cash.
- For additional information,
special rates and availability, please contact Jane
- Contact: Tony and Jane
- Tel: +44 (0) 1538 373288
Mob: 07947 721889