- Braehead Villa
- Welcome, we are now a "Visit
Scotland" three star B & B
Superior quality bed and breakfast accommodation, in a pleasant
and central location, only two minutes walk from the town center
- Fully en-suite rooms, with a ground
floor room with full disabled facilities, non smoking. TV, and
hospitality table in rooms.
- Guests get their own keys so that
you are free to enjoy your stay. Scottish breakfast, or continental,
and vegetarian catered for.
- Enjoy Scottish traditional musical
evenings, Ceilidh`s and whisky Tastings.
- Enjoy direct low cost flights
from Scandinavia to Inverness highland airport.
- Private Parking.
- THE MALT WHISKY
- THE whisky capital, it is set
amongst the hills of Speyside, where the hillside springs supply
the water for the distilleries.
- The visitor to this area is offered
a variety of activities. There is an abundance of wild life,
and you may see deer and badger and wild cat, and many different
species of birds, there are many birds of prey in the area, and
they can be freely seen circling overhead, or perched on a tree
or on the fence post.
- Lying in the heart of the Malt
Whisky Trail, there are SEVEN DISTILLERIES around town, and guided
tours provide an interesting insight into the production of the
Malt Whisky, with a tasting of the product at the end. A Dram.
- Nearby is the SPEYSIDE COOPERAGE
where you can see the ancient craft of barrel making.
- DUFFTOWN is ideally placed for touring the North East of Scotland.
Only a little over an Hour from Aberdeen Airport, and the same
from Inverness Airport, about thirty minutes from the Moray coast,
where visitors can have a cruise to see the Moray Dolphins, or
follow the Castle trail or Coastal trail.
- There are opportunities for walking
,with the long distance Speyside Way or Hill walking, or a pleasant
evening walk along by the Dullan water to the Giants Chair, a
rock formation.where the water flows through the gorge.
- There is also a path to the top
of Ben Rinnes the highest mountain in the area, at over 2700
feet there are some wonderful views from the top.
- For Sport in the area there is
clay pigeon shooting, Golf ,with the highest tee in the uk at
over 1000 feet, pony trekking, and river fishing and loch fishing.
- During the year there are the
two whisky festivals one in early May and the other in September,
and our famous HIGHLAND
GAMES on the last weekend in July.
- Dufftown is a small town where
everyone is made very welcome, there is a Ceilidh every week
during the summer where the visitors can enjoy the evening ,
there are also musical evenings with the local musicians every
week, usually on a Monday evening, entry is free and you can
enjoy a drink from the bar. Enjoy the tutored whisky nosings
and tastings which are very popular.
- You will enjoy your stay, where
many of our guests return year after year, your visit to Dufftown
will be a memorable one.
- Rates and Accomodation:
- Double / Triple Rooms en-suite
- £22.50 per person/night.
- Twin Room
- £22.50 per person/night.
- Single person supplement add £10.00
- Contact: Adam and Liz
- Tel: +44 (0) 1340 820461
- Fax: +44 (0) 1340 820461